Gabe wrestles the podcast rudder out of filthy Erik’s hands, and we talk about some examples of circular reasoning, wherein one or more of an argument’s premises assume the truth of the conclusion. We also cover some related circular phenomena.
Show notes and kick-ass links below!
- Wait, what? Texas schools still failing to adhere to House Bill 1287. Also see info about this by the Texas Freedom Network. Not to be outdone, Louisiana is handing out vouchers to private schools who are teaching anti-scientific garbage.
- Structure of the US educational system
- Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District case and the embarrassing, clumsy editing
- Self perpetuating systems (zoning laws for sex stores, racial desegregation, gateway drugs, gender biases)
- Circular reasoning with the bible (trusting the bible, believing miracle claims)
- Circular reasoning elsewhere (homosexuality–that site isn’t about circular reasoning, but is awesome; our senses and the external world)
Hello once again to all our Brazilian and Bothan listeners!