Following some brief announcements, we take some time to interact with our listeners, rather than generating any new content of our own. Laziest. Episode. Ever.
Listen to this episode
Some fun announcements:
- The catholic world celebrates a new pope, and generates pope memes
- NonTheology has a gorgeous new theme song, and is now available on Stitcher Radio.
- Our evolution series prematurely went extinct.
- Unless you write in with what is clearly a psuedonym or say we can mention your name on the show, all future listeners will be referred to as Kevin.
Listener comments/questions for us to consider:
- Is Erik the B- time traveler?
- Did we commit the argument from authority when talking about the Euthyphro dilemma?
- Can the first horn of the Euthyphro be consistent?
- Sam Harris’ book The Moral Landscape and the semantics of ethics (Gabe may very well be wrong about that, since he hasn’t read the book: corrections welcome).
- Is it a waste of time to talk about mythologies and religions you don’t think are true?
- Gabe vs. athletes
- What to do if you’re an atheist in a catholic school (Hint: find or initiate a local chapter of the Secular Student Alliance)
- Erik shares: stories from when he was a eucharistic minister in the catholic church, and things he learned from children.
- Why I’m an atheist story!
- Do high schoolers go to youth group for youth group or for girls?
Thanks for writing in with your comments, questions, and thanks especially for making fun of Erik.