Following some brief announcements, we take some time to interact with our listeners, rather than generating any new content of our own. Laziest. Episode. Ever.
Some fun announcements:
- The catholic world celebrates a new pope, and generates pope memes
- NonTheology has a gorgeous new theme song, and is now available on Stitcher Radio.
- Our evolution series prematurely went extinct.
- Unless you write in with what is clearly a psuedonym or say we can mention your name on the show, all future listeners will be referred to as Kevin.
Listener comments/questions for us to consider:
- Is Erik the B- time traveler?
- Did we commit the argument from authority when talking about the Euthyphro dilemma?
- Can the first horn of the Euthyphro be consistent?
- Sam Harris’ book The Moral Landscape and the semantics of ethics (Gabe may very well be wrong about that, since he hasn’t read the book: corrections welcome).
- Is it a waste of time to talk about mythologies and religions you don’t think are true?
- Gabe vs. athletes
- What to do if you’re an atheist in a catholic school (Hint: find or initiate a local chapter of the Secular Student Alliance)
- Erik shares: stories from when he was a eucharistic minister in the catholic church, and things he learned from children.
- Why I’m an atheist story!
- Do high schoolers go to youth group for youth group or for girls?
Thanks for writing in with your comments, questions, and thanks especially for making fun of Erik.